The NIDHI-EIR Program is an entrepreneurship fellowship/grant in the form of a stipend to an aspiring or budding entrepreneur with the potential for pursuing a promising technology business idea on a permanent basis.
Mentoring support & experts connect for product formulation, commercialization, business conceptualization, and preparing market strategy.
- Is an Indian citizen
- Is a having undergraduate/post-graduate degree or diploma, in the field of science or engineering
- Is a first-generation innovative-entrepreneur, who has no prior source of income
- Final-year students are not eligible to apply.
- They are expected to pursue their entrepreneurial aspirations full-time and should not treat it as a stop-gap arrangement or as a support in academic pursuits or transition between jobs.
- They should demonstrate their ability to build a scalable technology business startup.
- Preference shall be given for
a) Technology business ideas with larger technology uncertainties and/ or long gestation periods Grant support Co-working Space Mentoring Support Prototyping Support
b) technology business ideas leveraging technology or IP from publicly funded research or academic organizations,
c) technology business ideas with considerable potential for social impact.
- Entrepreneurs pursuing business ideas with no or marginal technology innovation are discouraged to apply.
- NIDHI-EIR seeking support should have a formal business plan, a business presentation including the investment proposal.
- Is or shall not be the promoter or shareholder holding more than 10% of another company.